Sunday, September 29, 2013

Teaching with Technology Reflections

Week V in Review

This entire course has inspired me to incorporate more technology into my class.  I was too scared to jump in feet first, so I experimented with my Pre Advanced Placement class.  I started an Edmodo site and invited my students to join.  The idea is that we can use Edmodo (which is now being referred to as Nerd Facebook) as a medium to post and critique videos the students will be creating next 9 weeks demonstrating Newton's 3 Laws of Motion.  By using Edmodo I hope to avoid the long process of showing videos in class.  I will also follow the format used by Lamar, and I will have the students comment on their classmates videos on Edmodo.
 
I also plan on flipping my class for a unit on Physics calculations.  I will be creating a series of lectures using "Show Me" on the iPad  showing the students how I want them to solve certain problems.  They will be responsible for watching the lecture at home and then they come into class and do their "homework" using what they learned the previous evening.
 
I know that I have a long way to go to improve the technology in my class room, but I am taking baby steps in the right direction.  With the help of my students I do believe the options are limitless.  The main limits will be whether or not the students have access at home.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment