Friday, August 30, 2013

What I learned in the 1st week of EDLD 5364.

During the first week of EDLD 5364 I have reconfirmed the type of teacher that I am and the type of teacher I want to become.  Although my classroom is set up in a very traditional manner in which all the students' desks are facing the front and they write notes as I lecture there is a very strong constructivist flavor.  I find ways to relate the information to things that hold my students' interests.  I am okay with having the students' help me build lessons and I ask how they would like to be able to show me they grasp the content.  We create projects that allow students' to both show they understand the information and to be creative in the process.  We don't read from the text and we don't answer the questions at the end of the section.  We do create foldables, they do have to link new concepts to prior knowledge, and most importantly we have fun while we are learning.
 
Probably the most important thing I have learned is that I need to start saving my money so I can become a cyborg.  I have a hard time not having the latest model of a cell phone.  I need to make sure that I catch this next technology wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment